The shipyards represent a primary segment of our production activity.
It comprises the maintenance and repair division of both civil and military ships.
Our know-how has always been our company sponsor, accompanying us through the various phases of the productive process that has evolved quickly year after year, allowing us to reach excellent goals. Sir Meccanica has a complete range of machines, able to perform offshore maintenance and repair of mechanical naval systems of every kind.
A consolidated experience in mechanical carpentry of hull in the most important international shipyards, allows us to rely on high level professional staff, in this sector.
Our applications concern:
Main Propulsion Engines and Gear Boxes
• Liner Landing Boring and Facing
• Grinding & Facing Cylinder Blocks
• Main Bearing Pockets Line Boring
• Turbine Bearing Pockets Line Boring
• Camshaft Pockets Line Boring
• Crankshaft Housing Machining
Intermediate and Propeller Shafts
• Coupling Bolt Hole Boring
• Stern Tube Machining
Rudder & Pintle Bearings and Bores
• Palm Rubber Bolt Holes Boring
• Rudder Hinges Line Boring
• Line Boring and Facing Bearing Bores
• Stabilizing Fins
Other Application Areas
• Restoring Hinge Housing with Door-In-Position
• Restoring Locking Pin Bores
• Bow Thruster Housing
• Block and Pin Holes of the Turrets
• Winch and Drums Housing
• Compressor Bearing Bores
The sizes of our portable machines and their versatility allow us to intervene mechanically on board of the ship, performing, in an emergency, operations of extraordinary maintenance.